Tifffany's Ramblings

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Woohoo I'm back in the crochet blog ring! I decided to get back in since I am posting semi regularly and it seems I have been focusing on crochet lately. So if anyone is wandering in from there: ~welcome~.

In other news, no exciting pictures to show of FO's or even UFO's as I've been busy and haven't taken any pictures. I started a large doily on Monday called Pineapple Sundae and am only a row and a half (and washing and blocking) from completing it, so maybe pictures soon. I have a smallish one (or two, if I don't rip it) that I will take pics of asap.

I am finding thread crochet surprisingly soothing lately. I hadn't done it in awhile, and altho the twisty thread can be a pain, it hasn't been too bad lately. First I started by buying a book of Christmas ornaments and whipping up about 13 of them. They all came from this book:



I used metallic thread and must say that they all worked up really quickly and pretty. I look forward to blocking them and seeing them finished - whenever I figure out how I want to starch them. Anyone have a favorite product for this? To make them really flat and stiff.

Yesterday I wandered out to buy Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and ended up stopping in Michael's and picking up this:



I look forward to making every doily in this book! They're colorful and fun... and since I have random bits of colors and lots of white I have most of the supplies for all of them. Not til I finish the pineapple ones tho, as I am using green for them and will use the leftovers in these. Just hope I don't lose steam by then! :)

More later... happy Wednesday!

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those blooming doillies are going to be awesome.

I'm just starting to get back into more serious crochet by doing the lacey collar on my Marcella jacket.

Looking forward to pics of your FO's and WIPs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home