Tifffany's Ramblings

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My mom and I had been planning to go to Niagara Falls to gamble last weekend, but due to possible bad weather and other complications, we ended up skipping it. I still didn't head out to Pittsburgh over the weekend, because I wanted to rest some without all the travel. So instead I went shopping! What did I buy? Why, this...


Isn't she pretty? It's a new '06 Honda Civic EX - the bestest trim level with an extra protective covering on the paint and fabric! The first place I went to was horrible to me and I ended up walking out. They kept trying to push a lease on me (The lady *said* she didn't want to lease!), would not give me the discount they advertised through my employer (Apparently it's not available on the "number one car in america"... only on the "hottest selling models"...) and also were not giving sale prices, after they advertised "Every new Honda on sale"! LIARS! After they gave me their "last best offer" and I had refused and was ready to leave, they were willing to give me the price I wanted. But it was too late (last means last to me), and after insulting my car, holding my keys hostage, and being general @$$holes, it was WAY too late. I had to yell to get my keys back and after I was leaving my mom was still going off.

So after 3 hours of hell, I went to a place near me that did not advertise sale prices OR a discount at my work. I told them I did NOT want to lease or get a different model (oh yeah, the other place tried to talk me down to paying too much for a cheaper model when I didn't want to pay too much for the one I wanted *sigh*). Without asking, they gave me $1000 off and the warranty at cost. And the rest is history! I have a not so pretty payment for the next 5.5 years *gasp!*, but my year of purgatory is up June 21 and hopefully I can post to a better job. If not I may be looking to switch companies.

Oh yeah, and I finished the roses doily but due to poor weather (see previous pictures), I haven't photographed it yet. But I will! Soon! Happy Tuesday :)

3 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Whoa! You really know how to shop lady! It is BEAUTIFUL!!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Tifffany said...

Thanks! In my defense, I *was* intending to get it... it wasn't just on a whim

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Congrats on the new vehicle girlie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home