Tifffany's Ramblings

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Fabric Baskets


Here are the fabric baskets I have been working on:



I'm not using a pattern to make them... except for the one I've made up along the way. These are going to be used as Christmas presents, and will be filled with a gift in a jar, chocolate covered pretzels, and the like. My mom is amazed by them and wants to take one to work to show off. Perhaps I will even be able to sell some. I have TONS of fabric and this is just the project to use up some of it. I spent a lot of the day today sorting it into piles of what would work well for crocheting (thinnish, possible ugly or busy pattern, moderate amount present) and what wouldn't (plain, too thick or thin, tiny amounts present). And since I have a fringe measuring cutter thingy and a rotary cutter, the strips don't take long to cut at alllllll. The worst part is getting the strings all over as I make it.

Speaking of strings, they are semi visible in the picture. Anyone know the best way to remove these. A sweater shaver... or other? Or do you just have to leave them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home