Tifffany's Ramblings

Monday, July 24, 2006

A few FO's to show off. First, a baby blanket I had crocheted some time ago but didn't have my large eyed needles handy to weave in the ends. Here it is:



And a close up of the colors:




I had the blue/pink because I had bought 2 balls of it on sale for $1 each. I didn't know what I would do with it at the time, so that's all I bought. I then decided to do this easy stripey blanket, and purchased 2 balls of white to match. I used Bernat Baby Boucle for the entire thing.

Next up, 4 more fabric baskets... 2 just crocheted today:



That makes a grand total of 6 so far... and I need at least 10 for X-mas presents. I may make some extra as well, since they're so quick and easy and I have tons of fabric. I'm working on a wine cozy now for a housewarming/barstocking party the boy and I are tentatively attending in a few weeks.

My mom is currently in Vegas, hopefully breaking the bank (theirs, not hers)... so I took today off in an effort to unwind. I decided to stay in Pittsburgh until this morning, and then woke up at an impossibly early time (read: the numbers on the clock are ones i ONLY ever see in the PM) and left a little before 7... coasting into my driveway around 9. I've spent the day working on the baskets and watching Queer as Folk - The Final Season. Fun stuff... but I'm utterly exhausted from the lack of sleep and looong drive, not to mention my allergies are acting up. Back to the grind tomorrow... :-/

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baskets are fabulous! I can't really tell the scale - how big are they?

Your Steelers afghan turned out really great - I'm sure some rabid fans will be bidding on that puppy.

Happy birthday, by the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home