Tifffany's Ramblings

Friday, July 28, 2006

Underwater Basket Weaving


That's basically what I was doing today. I woke up and got ready for work and tried a few different routes out of my condo complex, but to no avail. When I finally managed to trudge through parts of road with water halfway up my tire and got to the part leading out onto the road, it was a definite no go. So I turned around and headed home and called in my weather day in the middle of July. My one weather day for the year. And we have some nasty winters... but oh well. Found out a bit after I got home that we (our county) was declared a state of emergency and several homes and businesses had been evacuated - what fun! So instead of working, I cut and whipped up this baby:



Another basket from the pattern I got out of my head. I also finished up the crocheting on this:



That's a wine carrier for a housewarming barstocking party the boy and I are headed to in a few weeks. My plan is to embellish it and fill it with a nice bottle of Ohio vintage wine... and take it off to Pittsburgh for the festivities. Not sure what I am going to do to dress it up. I have some ideas which include beaded fringe and/or felted grapes and leaves. We'll see! Here's hoping I can eventually leave my home ;)

1 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I love the wine carrier! I hope you take pictures of whatever you add to it. Great gift!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home