Tifffany's Ramblings

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I managed to eek out the 63 required octagonal motifs for the cottony throw/wrap I am making... with practically NO yarn to spare. So, since I do need more for squares and triangles and sewing and edging, I stopped at Joann yesterday and picked up some Sugar n Cream yarn in "Hot Green". Here is what it looks like:



Needless to say, it is NOT the right shade. It does match SOME of the green bits in the yarn, but not enough to "go" with it well. So I will be looking for a yellow, I guess, next time I head out there. In the meantime, I will occupy myself with weaving in the 150 ends and my other WIP's.

Speaking of... the shawl is no longer. I ripped it out today, which was relatively painless, and have new ideas for the rescued yarn. The project looked "okay", but since I was wanting to sell it I decided the price I could probably get for it wouldn't cover the cost of the yarn let alone the labor involved. So I think I am going to make several scarves instead... and those should do better, if this sale ever comes into existance.

I'm working some 9 hour shifts this week so that I can leave early Friday and get my weekend craft on early! Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home