Tifffany's Ramblings

Monday, August 14, 2006

Progress to report... sort of!


First up, one of the (many) motifs for the wrap/throw I'm working on:



I know that I don't have enough of this yarn to finish the afghan... I'm not even sure I have enough to make all of the octagonal motis (there are also square and triangular ones). I am going to have to choose another yarn at some point for the rest of it. I saw some limey looking cotton at Joann's and right now that is the forerunner. But for now, I'm blissfully making motifs til my fingers fall off.

Next up, the blue shawl I knitted with various blue yarns. Most of these were leftover or orphaned skeins, with 3 more skeins I bought and added in for volume and contrast.



I'm not lovin' it. I think I'm gonna r ip it out, tho I'm not sure what I will make with it. Maybe another shawl but crocheted this time... so I can better control how it will look. Or maybe a poncho. It's still unfinished above; I had plans to crochet a border with the suede to help the curling and in which to hide the ends. But now I'm thinking that idea will be abandoned.

Finally, one of the landscapes felted bags I was working on. I finally managed to attach handles to the smaller of the 2.



Even though I had knit and felted tabs, I didn't like how they were going to "face", so I cut them off and sewed them back on with the "right" side out and buttons to dress it up. If I made another one with tabs, I would be sure to switch from stockinette to reverse stockinette so I could have the ends on the outside with the "right" side facing out. It's little and cute. I have some more of this color left over and I thought of doing a pocket or flower... but I might just leave it as is.

That's all folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home