Tifffany's Ramblings

Friday, September 15, 2006

I found out today that I got the job I've been interviewing for!!! YEAH! I had my last interview yesterday but I think it was basically a done deal since they called TODAY before 11 and extended me the offer. In 2 weeks I will officially begin as a "Pricing Analyst"... can't wait! It also means I don't have to go to training in my current job (which I was supposed to for the next 2 weeks), as that would be pretty pointless.

In other news, I am staying home and crafting this weekend. At least that's the plan... who knows what will happen.

I starte another pair of socks... green and red for Christmas... and hopefully for me! Not too great at the short row thing, I keep getting gaps. I need better pics to follow, or someone to show me, I think.

Oh, and I thought up a quick, easy way to divide a ball of yarn into 2. This is useful as I've been doing socks lately. First I wind a ball into a cake on the winder. Then, I rewind holding both ends together, to make a double stranded cake. I cut in the middle when I get to the end. Then, I pull a bit from the middle, separate it (a couple feet), and put one of the ends in the winder. By holding where the 2 yarns divide and winding, one strand is caked while the other bunches up and doesn't tangle. Once one is done, I wind up the other. I did a ball in only a few minutes... nice!!

Pics later... just had to share the news!

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Good for you. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home