Tifffany's Ramblings

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Lazy Wednesday... sort of


I had today off so I spent it lying around the house. Well... kind of. I made a lot of crafty progress as well!

First up, the grey on grey toe-up socks I was knitting for myself, but then made the foot too long. So now they will be for my mom:



Next up, the golf club covers, also for her. She had wanted argyle... so I painstakingly charted it out and sewed it in in duplicate stitch, but it did NOT look good. So I cut it out and just left the tops plain. The stripes at the bottom denote the club and the braid on the top I decided on for decoration. I like them!



Next, I started the Pomatomus socks from Knitty. I had printed out this pattern ages ago, but it printed out poorly and cut off the ends of lines. I think that's why I hadn't knit it. So I started it up in some Bernat Hot Sox I had lying around. It doesn't show off the pattern that well and I almost ripped it because of it, but I chugged on. See:



I am a bit further now. As in, done with the foot and onto the heel flap. A day off does that for ya.

Last up, some cookies I baked today. Pumpkin with butterscotch chips, mmmm. They were actually a major PITA to cook because there is no egg (I followed a recipe) and they weren't wanting to set. I ended up cooking them about 5 mins longer than the upper limit of suggested cooking times. I can't really taste the pumpkin much, but they're still yummy. Taking some of these to work tomorrow and the rest with me this weekend.



I also started a Ribbed Scarf out of Paton's Divine for my aunt for her Bday. No pics yet tho as it's still in its early stages, and pretty boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home