Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Stocking & Socks


As promised, a few WIP to show off:



The big one on the left is meant to be a Xmas stocking. It will be Steelers themed, for my man. I started it this morning, and so far so good! Once I am done with the base, I will make/buy a motif to put on and then most likely line it with coordinating fabric. Fun and quick!

Also pictured are 2 pair of socks I am working on. The grey on grey I think I will end up giving to my mom, since I made them a bit too large for me. The green and red will be fun Xmassy socks for myself. My short rows def need some work - I'm getting major gaps. I think my solution for now is going to be to sew a length of yarn on the wrong side to close them up - but how can I avoid this? Any help would be much appreciated!

On the grey socks I did a picot bind off for stretchiness, but I may rip and redo cause I'm not loving it. On the green ones I am doing a 2x2 twisted ribbing - takes a bit longer but I love the way it looks on these! Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home