Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, May 17, 2008

As promised...


I am posting on Saturday! I almost forgot so then I grabbed my camera to take some pics and OF COURSE the batteries were dead. Somehow my rechargable batteries just discharge over time, even when they are not in the camera. So I had to recharge them before I could take pics, but luckily I picked up one of those turbo 15-min chargers a couple of months ago on clearance. Otherwise I would've been waiting hours and who knows if I would've remembered.

So anyways... today my mom and I went out to get some flowers for my balcony. I have a windowbox that my aunt gave me and I needed flowers for that:



I also picked up a nifty plastic pot and got some more flowers for that:



I helped with the picking them out and placement of them but my mom planted them for me. If I touched them, they would probably die in protest. Hopefully I can keep them alive through vigilant monitoring and watering, though.

Also today, I picked up some stickers from Joann's. I had bought a package of blank invitations a couple months ago (on clearance + 40% coupon... I got the 50 pack with envelopes and return cards/envelopes for < $10!). So I got these stickers to maybe spruce up either the invites or the envelopes, I think they look decent together:



I will probably just use 1 or 2 stickers on each invite. I bought 3 packs of them (all they had) and there are about 24 per pack.

And in crafting news, here is the English Garden doily that I am just about finished with:



I just need to weave in the ends, possibly put the french knots in the center of the flowers, and block it. I started another but only have 1 flower done so far.

I've also been working on these funky slippers:



Easy to make in crochet and self striping yarn, these should be done soon!

Well that's about it for this installment. Hope I can keep up with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home