Tifffany's Ramblings

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

WOW I didn't realize it had been SOOOOO long since I last blogged. I just feel like there's so many other things I would rather be doing. It's not that I am THAT busy it's just that I am rarely bored. However, Matt is now working on Saturdays (whereas I am off) and I am going to try to commit to a weekly update. That shouldn't be toooo hard. I don't have enough time to craft anymore to update more than that anyways. I just finished a doily this past weekend. Well I need to weave in the ends, block it, and think about doing the french knots for the flower centers. I am working my way through the book Doilies in Bloom. I had done the first one some time ago but then set it aside. I am also trying to do as much Christmas crafting as possible (and without spending money - just using stash) so that I can get rid of some stuff and save some money for the wedding.

Speaking of wedding. We have set the date to be Nov 25th. We will be heading to Vegas on Nov 23rd and getting hitched somewhere there. We haven't booked anything yet but are looking into a Red Rock Canyon wedding. I was planning on doing something at one of the hotels on the strip, but you don't get much for the money there. At least this one includes extensive time in a limo and a really cool outdoor location. Does anyone have any tips on that or other suggestions? I'm hoping to keep it to around 1k (including all the wedding stuff except for rings, clothes, and possibly a tip for the driver).

We will then be coming home the day before thanksgiving and having our reception the Saturday immediately following here in Ohio. We've booked the community center at my mom's condo community and got someone to do the catering. We still have to get a cake but my cousin who is an AWESOME pastry chef and decorator volunteered for that. I think we are going to do a vegas themed reception (veryyyy casual... maybe we can play a lot of sinatra music during dinner). So any crafty ideas for the reception is helpful too. I think I am going to look for card suit cookie cutters for cheeses. Also might ask for the cake to have the suits cut out of fondant and put on... on a basically white cake. I am also toying with the idea of putting the King and Queen of hearts playing cards as a topper somehow.

As far as favors we are still throwing around some ideas. I'd like them to be vegasy and either edible (chocolate) or a xmas ornament.

Not sure about table centerpieces either.

Well that's all for now. I plan to update this on Saturday, if I remember. It will be a lot more than just crafts, probably, since I don't spend that much time crafting anymore anyways. (Another reason for this is that my wrists have started hurting a LOT because of all the computer time I put in at work. And then I do stuff at the gym that puts a lot of strain on them too. So most of my crafting is on the weekends.)

There, I think that post was definitely "rambling" enough for the blog. Hope to see some of my old bloggy-pals soon!

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Yay Wedding! Yay Vegas! Sounds like a lot of fund - a lot of work too.

Casual is good. Not any ideas off the top of my head - but I'll think on it.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Tifffany said...

Thanks, Marie! I am excited to hear if you can think of anything cause you always have such great ideas! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home